Once Upon A Story Row Along – Bremen Town Musicians
I found this year’s Row Along theme a little more difficult than last year’s. I am not really familiar with any North American nursery rhymes, and they don’t make a lot of sense if you don’t grow up with them. Well, nursery rhymes don’t make a whole lot of sense in general, I guess 😉 Anyway, I started thinking about fairy tales, being German I grew up with the Grimm Brothers and their stories. Unfortunately a lot of these stories have been turned into Disney movies, and I knew I needed to stay away from those. I finally chose the “Bremen Town Musicians” for my row. Not only is this a very German story (Bremen is a city in northern Germany) but the animals on top of each other also worked very well with the row format. If you are not familiar with the story, you can find an English version here.
My row shows the four animals outside the cottage in the forest as they are climbing on top of each other, getting ready to drive the robbers out and chase them away. It is all fusible appliqué with a machine blanket stitch. I then added two outside borders to turn it into a wall hanging which I registered for our local quilt show in October.
Northcott Fabrics generously offered their fabrics to all the designers again this year, and we could choose anything from their current collections for our projects. I chose three fabrics this time, the night sky, the forest floor and the cottage wall. Thank you, Northcott, for your beautiful fabrics. The pattern for the row will be available for free download for a week. Afterwards the pattern for the complete wall hanging will be available for purchase. If you know me, you know that I am fond of tiny appliqué pieces, and I appliquéd every piece of my design that isn’t marked as embroidery. Some of those pieces are very small, and if you don’t enjoy working with them, you can always embroider the details.
Edit: A week has gone by, and the free download isn’t available anymore. If you missed it, the pattern for the full wall hanging is now available for purchase.
And now it’s time again for a giveaway! This is organized by Marian and she makes the rules, you can find them at the bottom of this post. Our sponsor today is Northcott Fabrics with a beautiful Fat Quarter bundle, thank you for your generosity.
Our main sponsor this year is again the Electric Quilt Company, one lucky winner will receive the complete EQ 8 quilt design software. I design all my quilts in EQ and have been doing so for almost twenty years. Thank you, EQ, for supporting the Row Along!
Comment moderation is turned off for today to make it easier for you to enter the giveaways. But please don’t leave your email address in the comment text. It is not necessary to do so, and the spam protection software will kick in and not publish your comment, so it will have to be moderated after all. I will be happy to manually publish it but please keep in mind that I am in the Pacific time zone and will still be asleep when this post publishes.
And last but not least, here is the full schedule, be sure to visit all the participating bloggers to see their fun projects.
Tuesday, October 8
Marian’s Rules and Guidelines For Giveaways:
Please take the time to read them.
- Rules and guidelines are also listed on the Rafflecopter window of each blog’s giveaway entry on their featured days post.
- Giveaways offered by sponsors are assigned to the various blogger/designers for their featured day.
- There are no prior announcements on who is doing which sponsor except to the sponsor and blogger/designers themselves.
- You’ll have to visit the blog or the featured blog to enter the giveaways.
- All giveaways can also be entered at Seams To Be Sew. You must have commented at each of the blogs post to enter at Seams To Be Sew,
Winners who win from entering at Seams To Be Sew will be checked for the comment. When you enter a give away that asks you to answer the question asked on the entry form, you do need to fill in that box. No answer means your winning entry will be ignored and cancelled.
- You are only allowed to enter once at each of the featured day sites. Giveaways are different at each site, thus you can enter those giveaways. On the Electric Quilt giveaway, you can enter once each day of the row along, new sites to click on are assigned to this giveaway you need to visit each site to be credited for the entry.
- I will start announcing winners on September 10, 2019, and finish announcing winners on October 13, 2019
- You must give a valid email address when you enter the giveaways, any email returned to me, loses the ability to win automatically.
- All giveaways run for 1 week with the exception of the Electric Quilt giveaway which runs the full course of the event.
- You are given 3 days to answer the email, if you do not answer within 3 days a new winner will be drawn. Check those spam/junk mail folders, you may miss that winning email if you don’t do so because there are no exceptions to this rule.
- If you are notified that you are a winner, in all cases except for the Fat Quartershop, and C&T Publishing winners, you will need to provide your name, address, city, state, zip code, country, telephone number, and email address.
- No purchase whatsoever is necessary.
- You must be 18+ in order to win a gift.
- You are responsible for claiming and paying any tax owed on the value of any gift that you win. Prizes valued at $500.00 should be claimed.
- All winners are chosen at random.
- All winners will be announced on the blogs via the Rafflecopter entry form and/or post by the blogger at the site where they won and here at Seams To Be Sew. All winners must allow for their first name and first initial of their last name to be announced on this blog.
- Odds of Winning a prize are based on a total number of rafflecopter entries during each week and in total for all giveaways.
- This giveaway is void where prohibited by law.
- Participating bloggers/designers may enter any of the giveaways.
The word giveaways in the rules and guidelines are also known as sweepstakes.
- Additional Notes About Giveaways From Our Sponsors
- I am not rich and I do not ask sponsors for money, they provide prizes only.
- If they shipped the prize to me, you will be asked to pay for shipping.
- All giveaways will be shipped that are in my home on each Saturday of the event.
- An invoice will be sent to you via Paypal, and shipping will take place via Paypal, so your Paypal email will be needed to send the invoice. You will receive a tracking number except for overseas shipments. Depending on the weight of the prize, first class is always my first choice, but priority mail will be done where needed. Paypal fees are added to that amount to cover that fee.
- Please note, every effort is made to protect the prizes. They go into a plastic bin when I receive them, and it is covered by an airtight cover. I have a dog in my home and I have a smoker in my home, so I do everything possible to protect the prizes.
- Most companies are very good about getting prizes off to customers quickly also, but some companies are overseas, so please allow all sponsors a 2-week time period before you report to me that you still haven’t received your prize. When the company is overseas, it can take 6 weeks to 90 days for an item to also arrive.
CATEGORIES: Blog Hop