Drawing Tablet Case
This weekend, I managed to do some spontaneous personal sewing. I bought a drawing tablet last year, and I have been meaning to make a case for it ever since but somehow never found the time. Or didn’t feel like doing it when I actually had some time. Turns out that once I started, it didn’t even take long. I have made a lot of these cases for all kinds of things over the years, it is easily adaptable to any size. I can never remember how to actually put it together, there is no real pattern, and it can be quite confusing to figure out which piece goes where and how to turn it all inside out, so that none of the seams are visible in the end. I think I was also a bit confused about metric and Imperial measurements and added too much extra fabric on the sides, so the case isn’t as snug as I would like it to be, but hey, that’s better than the other way around, and I am definitely not going to start over. I used Kamsnaps as buttons, and I didn’t have regular round ones in a suitable colour, so I went with the little flower heads and added a few more tiny buttons along the edge, just for fun. I like it although I am surprised that I managed to produce something for my personal use that is not pink 😉
CATEGORIES: Personal Projects
That turned out very nicely. Like the snap idea as most suggested velcro.
I believe they suggest velcro to protect the screen of a regular tablet. It takes a bit of pressure to close the snaps but since the drawing tablet doesn’t have a screen, I didn’t have to worry about that.