It’s A Garden Party Row Along – Coneflowers
Welcome to this year’s Row Along, and thank you so much, Marian (of Seams To Be Sew), for organizing it again. The theme this time is “It’s A Garden Party”, and once again I had a hard time coming up with something. Weird, I know, because the possibilities are endless. Or maybe that was the problem. I just couldn’t decide and didn’t feel particularly inspired by any of the ideas I had. I thought about a desert garden and a Japanese garden and drafted all kinds of things but somehow it never came together the way it looked in my head. Finally I decided that I was making it much too complicated and had to scale down and simplify all my grand ideas, and I ended up with this lovely vine of coneflowers.
Our design drafts had to be handed in to Marian quite some time ago, or I would probably have ended up with a vegetable garden row. If you followed my Block of the Month posts this year, you know that I took up gardening during the pandemic as a way to pass the time, as many others did, and I am very glad I did. Watching my veggies grow and tend to them every day helped calm me down and keep my sanity. Well, mostly, in any case 🙂 I added a bug, a butterfly and a dragonfly to my row design, you can almost hear them busily humming and buzzing around the garden. I attached two borders to my row, quilted it and turned it into a wall hanging. I had a lot of fun filling the background with various designs. And once again I found the perfect backing fabric. I like to match the backing to the theme of the quilt, and I didn’t even think I would be able to find a coneflower fabric but I was wrong, I didn’t even have to search very long.
I also used the design in a shopping bag for my mom. Germans have always been good at carrying reusable shopping bags, there haven’t been free grocery bags in decades but you would still be able to get a free bag when purchasing clothes. That has changed in the meantime as well, and my mom asked for a pretty reusable bag to take along. I resized the coneflower panel for the bag and framed it with bright leftovers that I didn’t even think would go together but I actually like the result a lot. And so does my mom.
Northcott Fabrics generously offered their fabrics to all the designers again this year, and we could choose anything from their current collections for our projects. I chose three fabrics again, the ivory background, a green one for the vine and leaves and a brown one for the flower centres. Thank you, Northcott, for your beautiful fabrics.
The pattern for the row will be available for free download for a week. Afterwards the pattern for the complete wall hanging will be available for purchase.
EDIT: A week has come and gone, and the full pattern for the Coneflowers wall hanging is now available in the pattern store, if you missed the free row download.
EDIT: Der Sonnenhut-Wandbehang ist als Kaufmuster auch auf Deutsch und in metrischen Maßen im Shop verfügbar.
And now it’s time again for a giveaway! This is organized by Marian and she makes the rules, you can find them at the bottom of this post. Please make sure you also read the details about shipping costs etc. at Seams To Be Sew. Our sponsor today is Northcott Fabrics, thank you for your generosity. The winner will receive one of the beautiful FQ bundles pictured below.
The Electric Quilt Company is also supporting the Row Along once again this year. This time you don’t have to be a winner to enjoy their generosity, they have supplied a coupon code that is valid for the duration of the event and can be used on any of their products except for EQ Academy. Use GARDENPARTY20 during checkout for a 20% discount.
I have been designing my quilts with EQ for 20 years, and I love the software, it offers so many possibilities. I couldn’t decide what fabrics to use for the borders of the Coneflower wall hanging, and I imported pictures of the ones I was considering into EQ and auditioned them. Here is a picture of some of the possibilities. To be honest, I still couldn’t decide, I loved the bright turquoise fabric but I thought the grey one looked so elegant. I finally let my husband pick, and he chose the turquoise/orange combination.
Comment moderation is turned off for today to make it easier for you to enter the giveaways. Please don’t leave your email address in the comment text. It is not necessary to do so, and the spam protection software will kick in and not publish your comment, so it will have to be moderated after all. I will be happy to manually publish it but please keep in mind that I am in the Pacific time zone and will still be asleep when this post publishes.
And last but not least, here is the full schedule, be sure to visit all the participating bloggers to see their fun projects.
Tuesday, October 13
Marian’s Rules and Guidelines For Giveaways:
Rules and guidelines are also listed on the Rafflecopter window of each blog’s giveaway entry on their featured days post. Please take the time to read them.
- Giveaways offered by sponsors are assigned to the various bloggers/designers for their featured day.
- There are no prior announcements on who is doing which sponsor except to the sponsor and blogger/designers themselves.
- You’ll have to visit the blog or the featured blog to enter the giveaways.
- Some giveaways can also be entered at Seams To Be Sew. You must have commented at the blog of the designer/blogger’s post to enter at Seams To Be Sew, Winners who win from entering at Seams To Be Sew will be checked for the comment. This does not mean that commenting at Seams To Be Sew will get you an entry, it doesn’t.
- When you enter a give away that asks you to answer the question asked on the entry form, you do need to fill in that box. No answer means your winning entry will be ignored and canceled.
- You are only allowed to enter once at each of the featured day sites. Giveaways are different at each site, thus you can enter those giveaways.
- I will start announcing winners on September 15, 2020, and finish announcing winners on October 15, 2020.
- You must give a valid email address when you enter the giveaways, any email returned to me, loses the ability to win automatically.
- You are given 3 days to answer the email, if you do not answer within 3 days a new winner will be drawn. Check those spam/junk mail folders, you may miss that winning email if you don’t do so because there are no exceptions to this rule.
- If you are notified that you are a winner, in all cases except for digital downloads and gift cards/certificates, you will need to provide your name, address, city, state, zip code, country, telephone number, and email address.
- No purchase whatsoever is necessary.
- You must be 18+ in order to win a gift.
- You are responsible for claiming and paying any tax owed on the value of any gift that you win. Prizes valued at $500.00 should be claimed.
- All winners are chosen at random.
- All winners will be announced on the blogs via the Rafflecopter entry form and/or post by the blogger at the site where they won and here at Seams To Be Sew. All winners must allow for their first name and first initial of their last name to be announced on this blog.
- Odds of Winning a prize are based on a total number of rafflecopter entries during each week and in total for all giveaways.
- This giveaway is void where prohibited by law.
- Participating bloggers/designers may enter any of the giveaways.
- The word giveaways in the rules and guidelines are also known as sweepstakes.
CATEGORIES: Blog Hop